Saturday 28 May 2016

~πŸ”ΌπŸ‘­πŸ”Ό~

What is it that makes relationships unfold and hold? Any type of relationships, familial links, friendships, sexual partners, lovers.
Overlapping interests and curiosity in each other do play a principle role, however in my experience, what makes relationships stay true and last is (delta):




1) Accepting things may change
2) Acknowledging things have changed
3) Adapting to each other's change

All things much easier said than done, believe me. I once read this from a 'clickbait' article about an extremely old and loving couple and what one of them said has prevalently stuck with me,

"We fix things instead of throwing them away."

I never want to throw things away, unless they become toxic, and I will try my hardest to fix things, unless they become truly broken. But even then, life has a way to mend and heal to better move on. I *know* they do, I believe they do.

The most significant gift a person can give to another is to be there.

Sounds simple enough, and genuinely is when you truly love the other person: unconditional love.

To be there
- to listen
- to cry
- to talk
- to laugh
- to make memories
- to care
- to understand
- to discuss
- to wonder
- to argue
- to play
- to plan
- to rely on
- to know
- through struggles
- towards happiness
- with love
- always

Change is hard.
Change is challenging.
Change is unsettling.
(Change is $$$)
Change can be distant.
Change can be breaking.
Change can be wonderful.

I miss the old times.
I miss the comfort.
I miss the casualness.
I miss the effortlessness.
I miss the banter.
I miss the endless texts.
I miss you.

I look forward to the new.
But I am also scared,
"I can't tell if it's going in a good or bad direction."
Yes, I am worried.
But, I know I love you, no matter what happens next.


No comments:

Post a Comment